If you would like more information on how to pray for our Muslim friends during the month of Ramadan, check out 30 days of prayer.
Friday, August 20, 2010
Montgomery County Fair
"Earnest" and I went to t
he Montgomery County Fair last night, and it was a great time of fun, food, and great conversation. It is the month of Ramadan, so neither Earnest or I ate until after the sun went down. It was a challenge for both of us not to eat for the first 2 1/2 hours we were there, walking by turkey legs, bbq, and funnel cakes. While we were sitting at the Monster Truck Rally that was at the fair, we talked about how fasting works in Islam and Christianity, the purpose and impact. It was a great conversation that emphasized the fact that Jesus' death is a free gift from God.
If you would like more information on how to pray for our Muslim friends during the month of Ramadan, check out 30 days of prayer.
If you would like more information on how to pray for our Muslim friends during the month of Ramadan, check out 30 days of prayer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Joe, I think we've met maybe once...not sure, but I feel like I know you. Jenise and Stephen are some of our best friends. We keep up with you and Jenny. I was just thinking about you this morning when we were at church. We live in Qatar and are in the thick of Ramadan ourselves. Sounds like you had a great conversation. Muslims have a really special place in my heart now that I've lived here and seen the religion first hand. I'm keeping up with you regularly and praying as well! Praise the Lord for your heart and obedience. Look forward to more posts! - Wendi Junod
Post a Comment