Friday, January 22, 2010

New Students Arriving


We are beginning a new semester, which means that more international students are coming to the University of Maryland from all around the Muslim world. I've met two guys from Turkey, two guys from Indonesia, and a couple from Saudi Arabia as I have been volunteering at international student orientation over the last couple of days.
I hope to connect with the one of the Turkish guys that I've met, and hopefully, I can build a relationship with him that will allow me to share the gospel in a clear, understandable way with this new friend. He is from Istanbul, which is in the Northwest of the country. It is a beautiful city that spans two continents.
One of the fun things about interacting with people from Turkey, is discussing that their country was the place where Christianity flourished, and that many of the first churches were born in their land. They are often oblivious to this fact, but it makes them proud that I admire their country and want to visit.

1 comment:

Jan Fanning said...

It's great that you're having the opportunity to make some new contacts!