Jenny and I moved in about a week and a half ago, and we have gotten a lot done in settling in, but there is still more to come.
International Student Orientation begins today, and I will be volunteering for it Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (Aug. 26-28). I am really excited to get to see the students and see who God brings to me for a relationship. I hope that you will pray that God sends the right students to me, and that I will be able to make a connection with them and hopefully be able to build a relationship with them and share the good news with them as well. One of the events during the orientation that I am really excited about is doing a tour of DC on Thursday. It will be fun for me to get to see the city, but it will also be a great chance for me to spend 7 hours of the day interacting with the students.
Thanks for reading my blog, and feel free to interact with me on anything you'd like to talk about.
3 comments:
The DC tour sounds like a fun time...for you to see the city and to start to build relationships with the students! I hope that you're able to make some good connections here at the beginning. I know you'll do great at getting to know people :)
Woo hoo! Glad you have a blog now and i am glad we can stay up to date on you guys!
Hello there you two up in DC. Just wanted to let you know that a friend from Weds. Bible Study has a son living in DC. His name is Stewart Allen and he does prep work for the prayer breakfast for Congressman, Senators and Diplomats. He's about your age. I'll get his contact info. You two enjoy the wonderful journey that you are on. You'll be amazing with everyone you meet. Have fun on the tour, Joe. Jenny Ruth, have fun in class!
Post a Comment